Executive Compensation & Agreements
Compensation and employee agreements can have a significant impact on your daily operations, public image and legal position—and may be integral to an acquisition, joint venture or new business formation. Maslon's attorneys are dedicated to helping public and private employers, executives and other employees craft and agree on mutually beneficial compensation, incentive, non-compete and termination agreements that support productivity and professional growth. We devise practical, understandable and effective employment agreements that drive business strategy, minimize taxes for all parties and maximize the value of vital human capital for employers and employees alike.
You can count on our experienced counsel to create executive compensation plans that sustain business objectives, meet complex public disclosure requirements and deftly address tax and estate-planning considerations. Those agreements can include:
- Stock option plans, including incentive and non-qualified stock options
- Restricted stock programs
- Non-qualified deferred compensation and supplemental pension arrangements
- Change in control and golden parachute arrangements
- Equity-based compensation programs for limited liability companies
- "Split-dollar" insurance agreements
To learn more about how we can help you or your business, contact one of our attorneys listed above.
ON Securities Blog:
- ON Securities Blog: The Latest Developments in Governance and Compensation (Martin Rosenbaum)
- ON Securities Cheat Sheet: The Latest Developments in Governance and Compensation (Martin Rosenbaum)
- SEC Adopts Final Rules on "Say-on-Pay", Frequency Vote and Say-on-Parachutes Vote Under Dodd-Frank Act (February 2011)
- SEC Adopts Proxy Access Rules: New Rules Applicable for 2011 Proxy Season for Most Companies (August 2010)
- Cash Balance Pension Plan Outline for Employers (Mark Baumann, November 2007)