Tax Saving Strategies
Individual and business clients alike rely on resourceful and responsive Maslon attorneys to effectively minimize the impact of income taxes, gift taxes, estate taxes and generation-skipping transfer taxes for both themselves and their heirs. Through the strategic use of cutting-edge and traditional income and asset-transfer devices, we work to help you take full advantage of all applicable tax credits, deductions, exemptions and elections, so you can transfer your wealth with maximum benefit for your business, your family, and your philanthropic beneficiaries.
We frequently counsel clients in establishing and perpetuating gifting programs, coordinating with existing business and investment entities and, often, creating new ones. We also regularly create and work with our clients' limited liability companies, closely-held corporations, limited and general partnerships, and limited liability partnerships to enhance asset management while making the most of transfer-tax savings through gift-tax valuation-discount techniques.
To learn more about the many structures and strategies we use to develop sophisticated and effective tax plans for our clients, contact one of our attorneys today.
- Significant Changes to Minnesota Gift and Estate Tax Laws Affect Residents and Non-Residents (May 2013)
- GST Tax Traps to Avoid When Preparing Clients' 2010 Federal Gift Tax Returns (April 2011)
- Now Playing For a Limited Time Only - The Tax Relief Act of 2010 (March 2011)
- Maslon's Estate Planning Glossary
- Raising Financially Responsible Children: A Conversation with Charles W. Collier
Wealth simply adds another dimension to the already complex challenge of raising healthy, happy, motivated and emotionally balanced children. Read the views of Harvard Senior Philanthropic Adviser Charles Collier in this informative whitepaper provided by The Private Banking and Investment Group at Merrill Lynch.
- Probate and Planning: A Guide to Planning for the Future
From the Office of Minnesota Attorney General Lori Swanson
- Social Security Calculator
Find out how much you will receive in Social Security each month from Uncle Sam by using the calculator on this site. If your earnings record has been erratic, you may want to try the Social Security's year-by-year income assumptions.