Estate Planning, Wills and Trusts
Difficult decisions and complex issues often come into play when planning and implementing Wills and strategic trusts. Maslon's Estate Planning attorneys understand that and work to minimize your time, expense and emotional challenges.
You'll find us to be dedicated advisors, focused on understanding and achieving your goals. We counsel clients not only on the impact of estate taxes, but also on other important factors such as previous marriages and children or beneficiaries who need protection.
Smart and resourceful, our estate planning attorneys will work closely with you to identify strategies—from the most basic Will to the most complex trust arrangements—to take full advantage of opportunities that enhance your legacy and restrict your tax consequences. Because business and work-related assets often affect estate planning, Wills and trusts, we consult our Employee Benefits and Executive Compensation attorneys when necessary, who may play an important role in creating the customized vehicle that best meets all of your needs.
For more information about how we can help you plan for the future, contact us today.
- Significant Changes to Minnesota Gift and Estate Tax Laws Affect Residents and Non-Residents (May 2013)
- Whole Life Insurance Policy Owners May Be At Risk (December 2011)
- GST Tax Traps to Avoid When Preparing Clients' 2010 Federal Gift Tax Returns (April 2011)
- Now Playing For a Limited Time Only - The Tax Relief Act of 2010 (March 2011)
- Maslon's Estate Planning Glossary
- Raising Financially Responsible Children: A Conversation with Charles W. Collier
Wealth simply adds another dimension to the already complex challenge of raising healthy, happy, motivated and emotionally balanced children. Read the views of Harvard Senior Philanthropic Adviser Charles Collier in this informative whitepaper provided by The Private Banking and Investment Group at Merrill Lynch.
- Probate and Planning: A Guide to Planning for the Future
From the Office of Minnesota Attorney General Lori Swanson
- Social Security Calculator
Find out how much you will receive in Social Security each month from Uncle Sam by using the calculator on this site. If your earnings record has been erratic, you may want to try the Social Security's year-by-year income assumptions.