Business & Securities
In today's highly competitive marketplace, strategic legal counsel is more important than ever for your business. Maslon's Business & Securities attorneys not only know the law—including the maze of complex securities law—we know business inside and out. Many of us have held key company posts and have been trained as CPAs and business managers as well as lawyers. That's why Chambers USA ranks Maslon as a "Leading Minnesota Firm for Corporate/M&A" law.
Think of us as experienced advisors who understand your business, care about your vision, and will stand by you—not in your way. Like a good partner should, we'll anticipate issues, make your objectives our own and provide strategic insight to help you succeed.
We think you'll find us easy to work with, great at what we do, responsive and cost-conscious. In fact, Minnesota businesses of all types-from start-ups to closely held firms to multinational corporations across wide-ranging industries-have relied on Maslon for high-quality, comprehensive counsel for more than 50 years. Call us today to find out how we can contribute to your success.
- Affordable Care Act Compliance: ACA Penalties That Could Apply to Large Employers in 2014 (April 2013)
- Affordable Care Act Compliance: Optional Enrollment and Coverage Periods for New Full-Time Employees (April 2013)
- Supreme Court Ruling Profoundly Impacts U.S. Copyright Owners (April 2013)
- Affordable Care Act Compliance: Optional Enrollment and Coverage Periods for Ongoing Full-Time Employees (March 2013)
- Affordable Care Act Compliance: How to Count New Employees (March 2013)
- Affordable Care Act Compliance: Start Counting Full-Time Employees Now (February 2013)
- What You Need to Know about Retirement Plan Disclosures (June 2012)
- JOBS Act Relaxes Securities Registration, Solicitation and Reporting Requirements of Small Businesses (April 2012)
- New Uncertainties for Employers of Tipped Employees (January 2012)
- Employees' Rights to Protest Working Conditions on Facebook Protected by NLRB Settlement (February 2011)
- New Georgia Law Expands Enforceability of Non-Competes for Complying Businesses (February 2011)
- Podcast: (Dodd) Frank Talk About New Governance and Compensation Requirements | Materials (.pdf)
Presenters: Martin Rosenbaum and Paul Chestovich.
Small Public Company Forum (September 2010)
- SEC Adopts Proxy Access Rules: New Rules Applicable for 2011 Proxy Season for Most Companies (August 2010)
- Legal Alert: New Tax Credit for 'Angel Investors' Makes Investing in Minnesota Technology Start-Ups More Attractive (July 2010)
- Terri Krivosha Article on Scaling a Business Published in American Business Magazine (November 2012)
- Merger of Brigham Group Staffing with SEEK Careers Completed by Terri Krivosha (November 2012)
- Marty Rosenbaum Named Maslon's 2012 Pro Bono Attorney of the Year (August 2012)
- Terri Krivosha to Teach New Law and Business Course Focused on Startups at William Mitchell (August 2012)
- Maslon Recognized as Leading Minnesota Firm in 2012 Chambers USA; Ten Attorneys Named "Leaders in their Field" (June 2012)
- Barry Gersick and Brad Pederson Complete Redwood 700 Inc. Merger with ATT (March 2012)
- Maslon Featured in Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal Article on Advising Charitable For-Profits; Terri Krivosha Offers Commentary (February 2012)
- Maslon Recognized as "Leading Minnesota Firm" in 2011 Chambers USA; Attorneys Recognized as "Leading Individual Minnesota Attorneys" (June 2011)
- Maslon Welcomes Attorney Lindsey Day to the Business & Securities Group (May 2011)
- Terri Krivosha Authors Chapter for Inside the Minds: Strategies for Growing a Law Firm (May 2011)
- Maslon Sponsors 7th Annual Minnesota Cup; Shawn McIntee to Serve as Review Board Member (April 2011)
- Howard Tarkow Recognized as an MSBA Board Certified Labor and Employment Law Specialist (March 2011)
- Marty Rosenbaum's ON Securities Blog Featured in Twin Cities Business Magazine (February 2011)