Maslon's Financial Services Team is recognized for providing premium legal services to the financial services industry. Our Financial Services Team lawyers have significant expertise in all facets of lending and leasing, including obtaining regulatory approval for banking and lending activities, structuring and documenting loans and leases, dealing with defaulted loans and workouts and nondebtor bankruptcy representation. These broad capabilities enable Maslon lawyers to work closely with their financial services clients with an in-depth understanding of the risks and benefits of various legal approaches.
Maslon lawyers regularly represent lenders in a wide range of financing transactions, including;
secured and unsecured revolving loans
real estate loans
syndications and participations
mezzanine and subordinated debt financing
domestic and foreign letters of credit
Maslon attorneys have extensive experience in specialty finance areas such as asset based lending, import-export financing and all aspects of equipment leasing, including leveraged leases and synthetic leases, as well as project finance for power generation facilities. The Financial Services Team also represents financial institutions and institutional lenders in real estate financings, including construction and term loans. Maslon lawyers also have expertise in tax increment financing (TIF).
The attorneys at the Maslon law firm also have substantial experience in gaming finance, including public debt financing of gaming projects and secured loan syndication for Indian casino financing. The Financial Services Team has represented issuers and underwriters of high yield gaming debt. Financial Services Team lawyers also represent venture capital and private equity companies in structuring and negotiating mezzanine, subordinated and distressed debt investment transactions, including the negotiation of intercreditor agreements with senior lenders.
The Financial Services Team provides its clients, including state and federal banks, bank holding companies, finance companies and mortgage lenders, with state and federal regulatory advice. Maslon's Financial Services Team also has significant expertise in state consumer finance and mortgage lending laws and regulations, as well as usury issues.
The Financial Services Team also devotes a significant part of its practice to representing corporate clients, financial institutions and indenture trustees in out-of-court workouts, debt restructurings, foreclosures and bankruptcies. Maslon's considerable experience in representing lenders and indenture trustees in large and complex workouts and bankruptcies allows Maslon lawyers to provide able and efficient representation for matters of all sizes and complexity.
Contact the financial service attorneys at Maslon law firm today.
- "Top Ten Common Bankruptcy Issues Facing Corporate Counsel," Amy Swedberg (Association of Corporate Counsel, December 2011)
- "FDIC Receivership and Bank Litigation: What Litigators and Their Clients Need to Know," Jason Lien & Julian Zebot (published in October 2010 Issue of Pratt's Journal of Bankruptcy Law)
- Maslon Financial Services: Providing premium legal services to the financial industry
- Maslon Real Estate Loan Workouts
- Maslon Women Attorneys Recognized on the 2012 Top Women Attorneys in Minnesota List by Super Lawyers®; Susan Link Named to the Top 50 List (February 2013)
- Attorney Kesha Tanabe Elected to Partner (February 2013)
- Brian Klein Appointed 2013 President Elect of Minnesota Chapter of ACG (January 2013)
- Maslon Welcomes Ana Chilingarishvili to Its Financial Services Group (August 2012)