Labor & Employment
Managing today's workforce amidst increased regulation and an ever-changing workplace has never been more challenging. Employers need an advisor they can trust to be there when it's critical and to offer sound advice. Maslon's Labor & Employment attorneys are exceptionally responsive and accessible partners who know labor and employment law and understand business. We're on-call and on-task whenever you need advice, providing holistic proactive counsel that recognizes the goals of your business and works to advance them.
Because we are consultants as well as litigators, we see the bigger picture: decisions that affect your employees can also impact your daily operations, corporate culture, community image, and litigation position. We work closely with your in-house counsel, HR professionals and other managers, not only to keep you compliant with complex law, but also to keep your organization running smoothly.
Whatever your business or your size, we'll work closely with you to develop policies and handbooks, short-circuit potential disputes, respond to union organizing campaigns, or fight for your rights in court and administrative agencies. We're large enough to provide a full-range of services to big corporations, yet nimble enough to cater to mid-size and smaller businesses, always providing immediate support to managers, supervisors and HR professionals who often call us with urgent questions about employment issues.
Contact our dedicated Labor & Employment attorneys to learn more about how we can help you.
- Important Legal Development for the Minnesota Hospitality Industry—Costly Wage & Hour Litigation (August 2012)
- The EEOC's New Guidance on Arrest and Conviction Records (May 2012)
- New Uncertainties for Employers of Tipped Employees (January 2012)
- NLRB Postpones Effective Date of Rule Requiring Employers to Notify Employees of Union Rights (October 2011)
- ATM Fee Disclosure Update; MN Tip Law Amended (August 2011)
- Employees' Rights to Protest Working Conditions on Facebook Protected by NLRB Settlement (February 2011)
- New Georgia Law Expands Enforceability of Non-Competes for Complying Businesses (February 2011)
- Maslon Women Attorneys Recognized on the 2012 Top Women Attorneys in Minnesota List by Super Lawyers®; Susan Link Named to the Top 50 List (February 2013)
- Jon Parritz Authors Article in Executive Counsel on Hiring a Competitor's Executives (December 2012)
- Eighteen Maslon Attorneys Recognized on the 2012 Minnesota Super Lawyers List(R) (June 2012)
- Ten Maslon Attorneys Named to 2012 Minnesota Rising Stars(SM) List (June 2012)
- Maslon Recognized as Leading Minnesota Firm in 2012 Chambers USA and Ten Attorneys Recognized as Leaders in their Field (June 2012)
- Jessica Pecoraro Quoted in Star Tribune Article on the Importance of Employee Recognition and Retention Programs (April 2012)
- Jessica Pecoraro Recognized as an MSBA Board Certified Labor and Employment Law Specialist (March 2012)
- Maslon Recognized as "Leading Minnesota Firm" in 2011 Chambers USA; Attorneys Recognized as "Leading Individual Minnesota Attorneys" (June 2011)
- Maslon Sponsors 7th Annual Minnesota Cup; Shawn McIntee to Serve as Review Board Member (April 2011)
- Howard Tarkow Recognized as an MSBA Board Certified Labor and Employment Law Specialist (March 2011)