At Maslon, half of our lawyers are litigators. With such a significant focus on litigation, our Litigation attorneys share a wide-range of experience. Our lawyers have handled cases resolving disputes in state and federal trial and appellate courts, as well as in various alternative forums and before administrative agencies.
We regularly represent major manufacturers,corporations and individual clients in a wide variety of commercial cases. We are proud of our reputation as "lawyers' lawyers" and our stature in the legal community as the attorneys to call with the most complex legal disputes. We are frequently involved in complex litigation involving many parties and bring significant e-Discovery experience to the table, having successfully managed cases involving millions of electronic and hard-copy documents.
We tailor our litigation strategy to the specific needs of each client and each case, taking into account the amount or matter in controversy, each client's unique business needs, its external relationships with the community, its internal relationships with employees and its litigation philosophy.
We realize, however, that not every dispute requires litigation, and are committed to thoughtful exploration of alternatives to litigation where practical. When litigation is necessary, we inform clients about innovative strategies to reduce the expense and uncertainty of litigation, such as arbitration, mediation, mini-trials and summary jury trials.
Maslon is a member of the Network of Trial Law Firms, a not-for-profit association of 24 independent trial law firms in the United States and Canada. The goal of the Network is to provide clients with high quality trial and litigation representation while providing firms with continuing legal education programs focusing on effective techniques and technologies.
Contact our litigation lawyers at Maslon today.
ON Litigation - A Commercial Law Publication Presented by Maslon
- ON Litigation - Volume 3 - Online Magazine Format (July 2011)
- ON Litigation - Volume 2 (October 2009)
- ON Litigation - Volume 1 (February 2009)
- Pending MN House Bill Threatens to Void Non-Competes: MN Businesses Must Take Action (March 2013)
- New Uncertainties for Employers of Tipped Employees (January 2012)
- ATM Fee Disclosure Update; MN Tip Law Amended (August 2011)
- Federal Circuit Court Adopts Stricter Standards For Proving Inequitable Conduct in Patent Cases (June 2011)
- New Georgia Law Expands Enforceability of Non-Competes for Complying Businesses (February 2011)
- "FDIC Receivership and Bank Litigation: What Litigators and Their Clients Need to Know," Jason Lien & Julian Zebot (published in October 2010 Issue of Pratt's Journal of Bankruptcy Law)
- David Herr Quoted in Minnesota Lawyer Article on Changes to the Minnesota Rules of Civil Procedure and the General Practice Rules (February 2013)
- Maslon Women Attorneys Recognized on the 2012 Top Women Attorneys in Minnesota List by Super Lawyers®; Susan Link Named to the Top 50 List (February 2013)
- Bill Pentelovitch Selected as a 2012 "Attorney of the Year" by Minnesota Lawyer (December 2012)
- Maslon Selected as a "2013 Go-To Law Firm for the Top 500 Companies" (December 2012)
- Jon Parritz Authors Article in Executive Counsel on Hiring a Competitor's Executives (December 2012)
- David Herr Quoted in Minnesota Lawyer Article on the Benefits of Multidistrict Litigation (December 2012)
- Mark Lee Offers Pro Bono Representation to Help Burundian Human Rights Leader Gain Political Asylum (November 2012)
- David Herr Presents Section of the Report of the Minnesota Supreme Court Civil Justice Reform Task Force to the Minnesota Supreme Court (November 2012)
- Bill Pentelovitch Named "2013 Minneapolis Litigation - Banking & Finance Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers (September 2012)
- David Herr and Bill Pentelovitch Recognized as "Litigation Stars" in 2013 Edition of Benchmark Appellate (September 2012)
- Bill Pentelovitch Argues Case Against Voter Photo ID Language Before Minnesota Supreme Court (July 2012)
- Maslon Attorney Margo Brownell to Launch First-of-Its-Kind Insurance Law Clinic at the University of Minnesota Law School (July 2012)
- David Schultz Featured in Article for Minnesota 2012 Super Lawyers(R) Magazine (July 2012)
- David Herr and Haley Schaffer Submit Amicus Brief for Innocence Project Defendant (June 2012)
- 2012 Chambers USA Recognizes Maslon as "Leading Minnesota Firm"; Ten Attorneys Named "Leaders in their Field" (June 2012)
- Eighteen Maslon Attorneys Recognized on the 2012 Minnesota Super Lawyers List(R); David Herr, Susan Link and Bill Pentelovitch Recognized on Top Lists (June 2012)
- David Schultz's Pro Bono Civil Wrongful Death Suit Hearing Held Before the Court - and the Cameras (May 2012)
- David Schultz Featured on "Access to Democracy" Regarding the Innocence Project (April 2012)
- Maslon Recognized in "Best Law Firm" Rankings by U.S. News and Best Lawyers® (November 2011)
- Maslon Attorneys Selected for Inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America 2012 (August 2011)
- Nineteen Maslon Attorneys Recognized on the 2011 Minnesota Super Lawyers® List (July 2011)
- Maslon Recognized as "Leading Minnesota Firm" in 2011 Chambers USA; Attorneys Recognized as "Leading Individual Minnesota Attorneys" (June 2011)
- Alain Baudry Named Head of Maslon's Litigation Practice; Catherine Ahlin-Halverson Appointed to Serve as Co-Chair (June 2011)
- David F. Herr and Haley Schaffer Win Argument Before the Minnesota Supreme Court for Client Contesting Paternity Ruling (May 2011)
- Nadege Souvenir Quoted in Twin Cities Metro Article "Crime in the Facebook Age" (April 2011)
- Maslon Client Prevails in Breach of Contract/Tortious Interference Case Before Federal Jury (April 2011)
- Gary Haugen, Margo Brownell and Joseph Ceronsky Co-Author Chapter in Minnesota Insurance Law Deskbook (March 2011)
- David Schultz Appointed to American Bar Association Death Penalty Representation Project Steering Committee (March 2011)
- David Herr Elected to Two-Year Term as Co-Chair of Innocence Project of Minnesota (February 2011)