Corporate & Securities Legal Administrative Assistant: 3-5 Years Experience
Corporate & Securities Legal Administrative Assistant
Reports to: Director of Human Resources
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Working with other LAA team members, responsible for providing a broad range of administrative support for a group of attorneys and paralegals in the Corporate & Securities practice area. Duties may include document production, creation and maintenance of files, closing of files, preparing and processing correspondence, memoranda and complex legal documents, billing and timesheet processing, and performing other administrative functions.
Duties will include:
- Prepares, reviews and edits legal documents and correspondence of a confidential nature, ensuring high quality, accuracy and comprehensiveness.
- Creates and maintains a filing system; opens and closes files in a timely fashion. Assists in processing conflicts searches and processes client intake forms.
- Manages all incoming and outgoing mail, faxes, and phone calls in a confidential, organized and efficient manner.
- Establishes and maintains a current calendar of events and a deadline reminder system for assigned attorney(s) – arranges meetings, coordinates travel arrangements and schedules appointments.
- Assists in billing process by entering attorney time, coordinate billing reports, prepare and send bills.
- Prepares attorney expense claims.
- Acts as a liaison between assigned attorney(s) and clients, as well as internal as well as internal departments and external affiliates including financial institutions, municipal and government departments as required.
- Assists with knowledge sharing, mentoring and training of co-workers and new employees as requested. Backs up other LAA Teams as necessary.
- Other related and administrative duties as assigned.
Skills & Experience:
- 3 - 5 years of experience.
- Team player. Collaborator. Flexible. Positive attitude.
- Excellent communication, organizational and client service skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a team-oriented environment with all levels of staff.
- Strong proofreading and grammar skills. Ability to meet deadlines.
- Above average proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Document management and time and billing systems.
- Type 60+ wpm with high degree of accuracy.
- High School Diploma required.
- Legal Assistant diploma from a recognized post- secondary institution or 4 year degree preferred.
Interested candidates should contact Debra Hartfiel via email at firstname.lastname@example.org