Rikke Dierssen-Morice has represented commercial policyholders in the U.S. and abroad on insurance claims and in recovery litigation for nearly 20 years. She serves as national insurance counsel to business policyholders, with particular depth in the food, agriculture, manufacturing, financial, and construction industries.
Rikke began her career drafting coverage opinions, position letters, and litigating as a part of a national coverage counsel team on all commercial coverages for a major insurer, and has successfully handled high-stakes insurance claims in bench and jury trials throughout the U.S. Assisting recovery efforts on small to multimillion-dollar insurance claims, Rikke leverages her early experiences as insurer counsel to help her policyholder clients work with claims representatives and coverage counsel to achieve maximum payment. She is skilled at fully and correctly documenting many different types of insurance claims—and is a fierce advocate on behalf of her clients.
Notably, Rikke was instrumental in obtaining over $200 million in commercial property insurance recoveries for clients resulting from Hurricanes Harvey, Maria, Isaac, and Katrina.
Nationally, Rikke has worked on matters involving:
- Directors and officers (D&O) insurance procurement and recovery;
- Food contamination general liability and recall insurance recovery;
- Cyber coverage procurement and claims;
- Pollution/alleged groundwater contamination claims under general liability, property, and pollution policies;
- Theft and fraud claims under financial institutions bonds, crime, and liability policies;
- Errors and omissions (E&O) and professional coverage claims;
- Product liability insurance recovery for manufacturers;
- International shipping/marine and property coverage for lost or destroyed products and container leakage claims; and
- Property and appraisal recovery claims for storm destruction damages.
Internationally, Rikke has worked extensively on non-admitted insurance issues and international policy drafting in addition to recovering insurance funds for losses in Europe, Asia, and South America. In addition, she has extensive experience advising U.S. companies across Europe on contract drafting, retention of and work with in-country counsel, and provision of supporting opinions and analysis.
Rikke serves as the Honorary Consul for Denmark in Minnesota, North Dakota, and South Dakota, having been appointed by Queen Margrethe II of Denmark in 2014. Rikke studied and worked in France for eight years and is fluent in French. She has also worked in Denmark and is fluent in Danish.