Maslon is seeking a Records Specialist
Position Description: This position performs records filing and other administrative tasks. Responsibilities include assisting with opening and closing files, assisting with conflict checks, coordinating check-in and out of all files including vault documents, recalling files/boxes from Iron Mountain and other duties as assigned.
Reports To: Records Manager
Position Status: Non-Exempt Full Time (37.5 hours per week)
Hours: 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process new file openings, including conflict checking.
- Serve as primary back-up to the conflicts check process in conflicts software.
- Assist with preliminary conflict of interest searches for lateral hires or mergers.
- Assist with conflicts database maintenance and data cleansing of conflicts information.
- Follow established guidelines and procedures for creating, circulating, storing, tracking, transferring, and destroying client records.
- Track the circulation of files to and from client and internal personnel in Records Management System (RMS) database.
- Prepare inactive files for offsite storage or digitization, performing file culling activities as requested.
- Assist client with file transfer activities.
- Assist client with retention activities.
- Work with attorneys and staff to integrate client closure processes as part of the file closing process.
- Some file scanning.
Ancillary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Any other special projects or responsibilities assigned from time to time.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED, some college preferred.
- 3+ years’ experience in records management, law firm environment strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with Aderant and NetDocuments or similar Records Management Systems.
- Familiarity with imaging/scanning or electronic records management preferred.
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Strong customer service, verbal and written communication skills.
- Detail oriented and attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong organization skills with ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to lift to 40 lbs. on a consistent basis with ability to stand, bend and stretch.
General Performance Criteria:
A. Develops and maintains a cooperative working relationship with members of the Firm, clients, and other outside contacts.
B. Anticipates and balances the workload based upon general guidelines established. Is able to meet short and/or unpredictable deadlines.
C. Consistently meets employee expectations including the following:
- Understands and conforms to Firm policies and procedures.
- Recognizes and utilizes the Firm's resources effectively and efficiently. Develops and maintains a sufficient working knowledge of the organization as a whole.
- Plans, organizes and carries out assigned job responsibilities within established time parameters.
- Confers with supervisor with regard to overtime requirements and requests approval in advance of overtime. Is willing to accept overtime to complete assigned tasks.
- Develops mutual working relationship with supervisor in order to anticipate work needs. Prepares in advance to relieve supervisor of as many administrative tasks as possible.
D. Maintains confidentiality.
E. Uses Firm time conscientiously. Arrives for work on time, not abusing unplanned time off.
F. Consistently projects a positive, professional attitude and approach to the job, the Firm and co-workers.
Interested candidates should submit a resume via email to email@example.com