UPLIFT Volunteer Program Coordinator
UPLIFT Legal Institute for Teens
UPLIFT is a pipeline program serving middle school students who reflect the rich diversity of the Twin Cities. UPLIFT offers middle school students engaging opportunities to participate in mock trial, learning from and coached by volunteer attorneys and law students . Founded in 2016, UPLIFT currently offers mock trial afterschool programs at three diverse, inner ring middle schools from September to March. UPLIFT also offers mentoring programs and college planning support to high schools students who have participated in UPLIFT’s mock trial program.
UPLIFT seeks to partner with a Volunteer Program Coordinator in service of UPLIFT’s mission: to foster the long term vision of secondary students through educational and mentoring programs based in the law. The connection between volunteer law students, volunteer lawyers, and UPLIFT students is central to UPLIFT’s success, and the Volunteer Program Coordinator will help to support and deepen this connection through oversight of volunteers and administration of their programs.
Volunteer Program Coordinator Job Summary:
The Volunteer Program Coordinator is responsible for the coordination of all law school and attorney volunteers and supporting programs. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Maintaining volunteer databases;
- Coordinating volunteer orientation and training;
- Preparing weekly classroom materials;
- Maintaining ongoing communication with volunteers, students, and families;
- Developing marketing materials;
- Maintaining files with curriculum and other data; and
- Collaborating with UPLIFT’s Executive Director and Administrator in supporting UPLIFT programs.
- Ability to accept and work within a wide variety of cultural, educational, and religious differences.
- Flexibility and demonstrated willingness to work with a team.
- Previous experience with volunteer staffed charities preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong leadership skills with ability to motivate and encourage others.
- Commitment to UPLIFT’s mission and core values.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Available to work 20 hours per week.
- Accessible transportation to after school programs at UPLIFT middle schools.
The Volunteer Program Coordinator will provide volunteer coordination and administration services to UPLIFT approximately 20 hours per week. Compensation will be commensurate with experience, in a range from an annual $14,000 to $16,000.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to Angie Roell, Administrator, at email@example.com.