Financial institutions, banks, and non-bank lenders choose the strategic counsel of Maslon's Financial Services Group for assistance in banking, commercial finance, and loan transactions of all sizes and levels of complexity in Minnesota, the Midwest and nationally. Recognized for our high quality, effective, and efficient representation, we work hard to help lenders balance the legal and business risks associated with booking and maintaining loan transactions and borrowing relationships.
Our experience with complex loan structures and all types of collateral and credit enhancements, combined with our extensive knowledge of the Uniform Commercial Code (UCC), make us a "go to" firm for secured lending transactions. We pride ourselves in being practical counselors who think like business people and who work tirelessly to understand our client’s business as well as their appetite for risk in the marketplace. Our attorneys help our clients "get deals done" while mitigating exposure through a thorough but "right-sized" due diligence and documentation process.
We routinely prepare and negotiate documentation for a wide array of financing transactions including:
- Secured and unsecured revolving and term loans for community, regional, and national banks
- Asset-based loans for banks and commercial finance companies
- Syndications, club transactions, and participations (both on behalf of the Agent or Lead and on behalf of the participating lenders) for national banks, regional banks, and community banks
- Commercial real estate term loans and construction loans
- Project finance and acquisition finance transactions
- Domestic and foreign letters of credit (including in conjunction with the issuance of tax exempt bond financing)
- Subordinated loan and mezzanine loan transactions
- Equipment finance and leasing, including aircraft finance transactions
- Warehousing lines of credit
- Agricultural loans
- Food and beverage loans
- Commodity and hedge-based financing transactions
- Indian/Tribal finance