Trust and estate disputes can involve more than money—they often encompass emotional issues that can divide families and interfere with a personal representative or trustee's ability to administer the trust or estate. That is why Maslon's noted Trust and Estate Litigation attorneys, often working together seamlessly with Maslon's Estate Planning attorneys, strive to find creative solutions that help avoid protracted litigation, contain costs, and preserve family relationships. When proceedings turn adversarial, however, we work vigorously to protect and advance your interests, leveraging our extensive experience in litigating and resolving trust and estate disputes.
Our knowledgeable Trust and Estate Litigation attorneys have a proven track record in the court room, at the negotiation table, and in the appellate process. They work together to effectively represent trustees, personal representatives, beneficiaries, and interested third parties in trust petition proceedings, Will contests, estate tax disputes, contested probate matters, and other fiduciary litigation. Our attorneys are also skilled at using judicial and alternative-dispute-resolution resources when assistance is needed to resolve trust and estate disputes. In all matters that Maslon's Trust and Estate Litigation attorneys handle, we strive to craft an outcome that meets our client's personal, business, financial, and/or tax-planning goals.
The following is a sampling of matters handled by Maslon's Trust and Estate Litigation attorneys:
- Representation of a corporate trustee in breach of fiduciary duty litigation relating to the diversification of the trust's investment portfolio.
- Representation of a personal representative in litigation with respect to his appointment as personal representative, as well as creditor claims against the estate.
- Representation of income beneficiaries in multi-jurisdictional litigation relating to charitable remainder unitrusts.
- Representation of individual trustees and beneficiaries in trustee-removal and surcharge proceedings.
- Representation of a corporate trustee in litigation surrounding a proposed plan of distribution with respect to the trust.
Contact us today for more information about our Trust & Estate Litigation practice.