Maslon Recognized as "Leading Minnesota Firm" in 2014 Chambers USA; Ten Attorneys Recognized as "Notable Practitioners"
May 28, 2014
Maslon's top-ranked practice areas and attorneys in the 2014 edition of Chambers USA are:
Litigation – Leading Minnesota Firm
Chambers USA reports that Maslon's Litigation Group is known for "[assisting] clients locally and nationally in business litigation, appellate matters and antitrust disputes, among others" and "[f]ields a particularly highly regarded product liability and multidistrict mass tort practice. " Client sources shared, "The firm is great, with brilliant people all the way through" and "they're the whole package: able, responsive and personable. They're also extremely cost-effective."
Geoffrey Jarpe, William Pentelovitch, David Schultz, and Richard Wilson are named as "Notable Practitioners" in Minnesota for General Commercial Litigation, with the following notes:
- Client sources describe Geoff Jarpe as "master of all things legal," "an incredible presence in the courtroom" and "one of the top trial lawyers in the state."
- Client sources shared that "[t]he brilliant" Bill Pentelovitch is "a tremendously astute senior trial lawyer" and "the top lawyer in minority shareholder litigation in state."
- Chambers USA describes David Schultz as "an experienced litigator with a broad remit that includes healthcare, product liability and both civil and criminal fraud." Client sources indicated that he is "incredibly responsive" and "extremely comfortable in a courtroom."
- Richard Wilson is noted for his "'sensational reputation' and particular expertise in noncompete cases." Client sources described him as a "tremendously effective" practitioner.
David Herr is named as a "Notable Practitioner" in Minnesota for Appellate Litigation. Clients reports he is "sought after for his appellate skills" and Chambers USA notes he also "helps counsel clients on complex multiparty disputes."
Construction – Leading Minnesota Firm
Chambers USA shares that Maslon's Construction Practice assists clients with a "full range of matters, from drafting construction contracts to payment warranty work and, where necessary, dispute resolution, with particular expertise in working on financial matters such as bond issues." The new edition highlights the firm’s representation of "Jacobs Engineering in its role as original designer of the I-35W Bridge in Minneapolis which collapsed in 2007, in a longstanding case heard in front of the United States Supreme Court."
James Killian and James Duffy O’Connor were named as "Notable Practitioners" in Minnesota for Construction, with the following notes:
- Chambers USA recognizes James O’Connor as a "nationally known construction litigator" who stands out (per client sources), for his "expertise, leadership and ability to manage very large litigation."
- The publication describes James Killian as being "best known for his work on financings," also noting his "substantial amount of experience working on independent power production facilities."
Chambers USA reports that Maslon's Labor & Employment Group "offers contentious expertise in non-compete and trade secrets issues." Jessica Pecoraro and Howard Tarkow are named as "Notable Practitioners" in Minnesota for Labor & Employment, with the following notes:
- Chambers USA reports that Jessica Pecoraro "maintains a broad labor and employment practice spanning both contentious and non-contentious matters."
- Chambers USA recognizes "the wonderful" Howard Tarkow for being "particularly well regarded for his work representing employers in front of the NLRB."
Martin Rosenbaum is named as a "Notable Practitioner" in Minnesota for Corporate/M&A. Chambers USA reports that Marty "has a respected securities and corporate finance practice" with clients including "public companies of all sizes as well as partnerships, private corporations and LLPs."
To view Maslon's full Chambers USA rankings, go to: 2014 Chambers USA.
About Chambers and Partners
Since 1969, London-based Chambers and Partners has published world-famous guides to the legal profession. A team of over 40 full-time researchers conducted over 14,000 interviews across the United States for the 2014 edition of Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business.