Maslon's Litigation Group has earned a reputation for being the lawyers to call with the most complex legal issues and high stakes litigation matters. Maslon has been consistently recognized as a Leading Minnesota Firm by Chambers USA in litigation based on extensive client interviews and research to assess technical legal ability, professional conduct, client service, commercial astuteness, diligence, commitment, and other qualities most valued by clients. Chambers USA has described the group this way: "Superb practice housing a distinguished bench of litigators with extensive experience in mass tort, product liability, construction and commercial disputes, as well as environmental litigation. Other areas of expertise include insurance coverage and real estate litigation. Represents clients across various industries, including manufacturing, financial services and life sciences. Offers notable experience of multiparty, multidistrict matters."
We've handled cases resolving disputes in state and federal trial and appellate courts, as well as in various alternative forums and administrative agencies. We regularly represent governmental bodies, major manufacturers, healthcare companies, medical device companies, financial institutions, construction companies, utility companies, and corporate and individual clients in a wide variety of commercial cases. Our lawyers are frequently involved in complex litigation involving many parties and bring significant e-discovery experience to the table, having successfully managed cases involving millions of electronic and hard-copy documents.
Across all, we are attuned to the importance of accuracy and predictability in case assessment and valuation. Our long history of representing clients in state and federal court enables us to see how a dispute will unfold and, more importantly, how a solution may be found in what may appear to others as an impenetrable dilemma.
Maslon clients can expect to have a litigation strategy tailored to fit their specific needs, taking into account the amount or matter in controversy, each client's distinct business needs, its relationship with the community, its relationship with employees, and its litigation philosophy. We also recognize that not every dispute requires litigation and are committed to thoughtful exploration of alternatives to litigation where practical. When litigation is necessary, we inform clients about innovative strategies to reduce the expense and uncertainty of litigation, such as arbitration, mediation, mini-trials, and summary jury trials.
As a testament to our work over the past decade, client sources in Chambers USA have shared:
- "The firm is fully committed and has a great reputation with the Bench and the Bar as being a firm that takes an active role in the matter rather than simply advising upon law."
- "The Maslon team is dedicated, strategic and accessible."
- "They were really excellent. They are really experienced and thorough and their legal work is just meticulous."
- "They are as capable and compelling as East Coast lawyers, yet they charge Midwestern rates and as always the client service is impeccable."
- "Maslon has deep knowledge, brand recognition and is well respected by the courts."
- "Maslon is very customer-centric. Among litigation firms, it is at the top of my list."
- "They are all really strong trial lawyers."
- "They're reliable, efficient, and responsive."
- "They have a very sophisticated regional practice and good relationships with the judges in Minnesota. They're team players with excellent legal knowledge."
- "They're the whole package: able, responsive and personable. They're also extremely cost-effective."
- "The firm is great, with brilliant people all the way through."
- "They are quick to assess a case and are extremely realistic about the likelihood of success. When they engage in litigation, they are outcome-focused."
- "Responsive, insightful, innovative and intellectually strong, with attorneys who are loyal to the client and service-oriented."
- "Extraordinarily good with courts and clients."
The Trial Network
Maslon participates in The Trial Network, a not-for-profit association of independent trial law firms in the United States and Canada. The goal of the Network is to provide clients with high quality trial and litigation representation while providing client and law firm counsel practicing in the area of litigation with state-of-the-art continuing legal education programs. A number of activities help the Network to accomplish this goal, including research concerning advances in legal representation and sponsorship of continuing education seminars for corporate and outside counsel.