Maslon is pleased to announce its ranking as a leading Minnesota firm for Construction, Corporate/M&A, Labor & Employment, and Litigation in the 2018 edition of Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business. The rankings are the result of extensive client interviews and research to assess technical legal ability, professional conduct, client service, commercial astuteness, diligence, commitment, and other qualities most valued by the client.
The 2018 edition of Chambers USA recognizes the following practice areas and attorneys at Maslon:
For the fourth year in a row, Chambers USA recognizes Maslon's Litigation Group as a Band 1 Category Firm—the highest possible ranking. Maslon was one of only four firms selected for Band 1—out of fifteen firms overall that were ranked.
Chambers reports that Maslon's Litigation Group is known as a "superb practice housing a distinguished bench of litigators with extensive experience in mass tort, product liability, construction and commercial disputes, as well as environmental litigation." Clients praised the team's "attention to detail, strong writing skills, and also their flexibility," and stated "I feel highly taken care of as a client."
Bill Pentelovitch and Geoff Jarpe are recognized in Minnesota for General Commercial Litigation, with the following notes:
- Chambers states that Bill Pentelovitch is "a premier trial lawyer with expertise in litigating on behalf of major financial services and life sciences clients at both state and federal level." A source stated, "He is brilliant - a strategic thinker who understands our needs throughout the litigation process."
- Chambers states that Senior Statesman Geoff Jarpe "has a wealth of experience trying a broad range of cases, covering such issues as securities fraud, alleged breaches of fiduciary duty and disputes over property ownership, zoning and land use."
Appellate Litigation—Senior Statesman
David Herr is named as a "Senior Statesman" in Minnesota for Appellate Litigation. Chambers reports that David "draws upon his extensive experience as an appellate lawyer in his work for major institutional clients," and "he handles complex cases at the state and federal level, and in addition to appellate matters has specialist expertise in tort and product liability cases."
Chambers shares that Maslon's Construction Practice is known for "expert coverage of litigation issues arising from construction projects, offering particular experience in insurance coverage and professional liability claims, as well as contract formations." Chambers also notes that the group has "niche expertise in disputes stemming from structural failures." Sources state Maslon attorneys "are knowledgeable, experienced, persistent and have an excellent reputation in the industry," and clients state the group can obtain "outstanding results in a quick timeframe."
Jim Killian, Jason Lien, Jim O'Connor, and David Suchar are recognized in Minnesota for Construction, with the following notes:
- Sources note that Jim O'Connor is "an excellent writer and speaker. He is an authority throughout the US on construction generally and insurance issues specifically."
- Chambers notes that Jim Killian "has significant expertise in litigating post-completion design and defect claims, in addition to other matters."
- Chambers notes that Jason Lien "is an esteemed trial lawyer with a wealth of experience assisting with litigation mandates relating to construction defects and insurance coverage issues." Sources shared that he is "prepared, thoughtful, strategic and analytical."
- Sources stated that David Suchar is "one of the best attorneys I've ever worked with," and that he is "incredibly responsive and also has excellent customer rapport. He is extremely knowledgeable about construction litigation and has excellent local contacts."
Chambers reports that Maslon's Corporate/M&A Group "possesses wide-ranging expertise in private and public securities offerings, M&A and securities compliance." Client sources praise the team's "ability to take legalease and accurately translate it into plain English," and that they are "extremely smart, tenacious, thoughtful and measured."
Marty Rosenbaum is recognized in Minnesota for Corporate/M&A. Interviewees state that Marty is "a tremendous individual" and share that he "combines very strong business acumen with his legal background." Additionally, Alan Gilbert and Bill Mower are listed as Noted Practitioners.
Labor & Employment
Chambers reports that Maslon's Labor & Employment Group "acts for employers in a broad spectrum of labor and employment matters, such as wage and hour actions, harassment claims and contractual disputes, as well as investigations, audits and noncontentious processes." Sources shared that the team's "knowledge and wisdom continually exceeds expectations," and a client stated "I can't imagine having better service. They are excellent."
Jessica Pecoraro is recognized in Minnesota for Labor & Employment. Chambers notes that she "defends employers in court and before state and federal agencies, as well as providing advice on discipline issues, unions and wage and hour compliance, among other issues." Sources state that she is "accessible, personable, honest and straightforward."
To view Maslon's full Chambers USA rankings, go to: 2018 Chambers USA.
About Chambers and Partners
Since 1969, London-based Chambers and Partners has published world-famous guides to the legal profession. A team of over 140 full-time researchers conducted interviews across the United States for the 2018 edition of Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business.