Maslon is pleased to announce its continued ranking as a "Leading Minnesota Firm" for Construction, Labor & Employment, and Litigation in the 2015 edition of Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business. In addition, the publication recognizes ten Maslon attorneys as "Notable Practitioners" in Minnesota. The rankings are the result of extensive client interviews and research to assess technical legal ability, professional conduct, client service, commercial astuteness, diligence, commitment, and other qualities most valued by the client and reflect a law firm's pre-eminence in key practice areas.
Maslon's top-ranked practice areas and attorneys in the 2015 edition of Chambers USA are:
Litigation—Band 1: Leading Minnesota Firm
Maslon's Litigation Group as a Band 1 Category Firm—the highest possible ranking for a law firm in the 2015 edition of Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business. The new edition limited the Band 1 to only four select firms out of 16 overall that were ranked.
Chambers USA reports that Maslon's Litigation Group is known as an "excellent group, particularly noted for its expertise in product liability and environmental class actions." and "well versed in acting before federal and appellate courts, as well as alternative forums, and routinely sought after by an impressive roster of clients." Client sources shared, "they're reliable, efficient, and responsive. I've really had a great time working with them," and "they're team players with excellent legal knowledge."
Geoffrey Jarpe, William Pentelovitch, David Schultz, and Richard Wilson are named as "Notable Practitioners" in Minnesota for General Commercial Litigation, with the following notes:
- Client sources share that Geoff Jarpe is "very adept at cutting through to the most important strategies and bringing an end to the case as swiftly as possible."
- Client sources shared that Bill Pentelovitch is an "outstanding litigator with an international portfolio," and Chambers USA states he is a "highly regarded business trial lawyer who handles a wide-ranging spectrum of commercial disputes."
- Client sources describe David Schultz as a "very experienced and excellent lawyer." Chambers USA indicates that he is "recommended for his expertise in product liability matters, civil and criminal fraud, and IP cases."
- Chambers USA notes that Richard Wilson has a "broad commercial practice and offers significant expertise in expedited proceedings, including arbitrations and injunction actions."
Appellate Litigation—Notable Practitioner
David Herr is named as a "Notable Practitioner" in Minnesota for Appellate Litigation. Clients praise his ability to construct a "very clear picture of the entire case" and his "succinct" approach in court.
To view the full Chambers USA rankings for Maslon's Litigation Group, go to: 2015 Chambers USA.
Construction—Leading Minnesota Firm
shares that Maslon's Construction Practice is a "fine group, providing a full range of transactional services." Chambers
also notes that the group has "expertise in insurance coverage matters, professional liability defense, and construction defect litigation."
James Killian and James Duffy O’Connor were named as "Notable Practitioners" in Minnesota for Construction, with the following notes:
- Client sources note that James O’Connor is an "excellent advocate and a beautiful writer, with a great knowledge of insurance."
- The publication describes James Killian as being "particularly known for his counsel to lenders on the development of independent power facilities" also noting his "broad practice which includes trial, drafting and negotiation work."
To view the full Chambers USA rankings for Maslon's Construction Group, go to: 2015 Chambers USA.
Labor & Employment—Leading Minnesota Firm
Chambers USA reports that Maslon's Labor & Employment Group "acts for employers on a broad range of issues, and comes particularly recommended for its litigation strengths." Client sources shared that "they are a great firm to work with—very efficient and prompt."
Jessica Pecoraro and Howard Tarkow are named as "Notable Practitioners" in Minnesota for Labor & Employment, with the following notes:
- Client sources highlight that Jessica Pecoraro is "extremely responsive, has great soft skills, and is able to work through issues very effectively with good results."
- Chambers USA recognizes Howard Tarkow for being "much sought after for his strengths in contentious matters."
To view the full Chambers USA rankings for Maslon's Labor & Employment Group, go to: 2015 Chambers USA.
Martin Rosenbaum is named as a "Notable Practitioner" in Minnesota for Corporate/M&A. Chambers USA reports that Marty "maintains a well-respected practice, specializing in securities and corporate finance " with clients sharing that he will "always go the extra yard."
To view the full Chambers USA rankings for Martin Rosenbaum, go to: 2015 Chambers USA.
About Chambers and Partners
Since 1969, London-based Chambers and Partners has published world-famous guides to the legal profession. A team of over 140 full-time researchers conducted interviews across the United States for the 2015 edition of Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business.