Maslon is pleased to announce its continued ranking as a "Leading Minnesota Firm" for Construction, Labor & Employment, and Litigation in the 2016 edition of Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business. In addition, the publication recognizes ten Maslon attorneys as "Notable Practitioners" in Minnesota. The rankings are the result of extensive client interviews and research to assess technical legal ability, professional conduct, client service, commercial astuteness, diligence, commitment, and other qualities most valued by the client.
Maslon's top-ranked practice areas and attorneys in the 2016 edition of Chambers USA are:
Litigation—Band 1: Leading Minnesota Firm
Chambers once again recognizes Maslon's Litigation Group as a Band 1 Category Firm—the highest possible ranking for a law firm in the 2016 edition of Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business. The 2016 edition limited Band 1 rankings to only four select firms out of 16 overall that were ranked.
Chambers reports that Maslon's Litigation Group is known as a "superb practice that houses a distinguished bench of litigators with extensive experience in mass tort, product liability, construction and commercial disputes." Client sources shared, "Maslon is very customer-centric. Among litigation firms, it is at the top of my list," and "they are all really strong trial lawyers."
William Pentelovitch, David Schultz, Geoffrey Jarpe, and Richard Wilson are named as "Notable Practitioners" in Minnesota for General Commercial Litigation, with the following notes:
- Chambers states that Bill Pentelovitch is "held in high esteem for his vast commercial litigation expertise, which includes acting for prominent financial services and life sciences clients in big-ticket class actions." Clients "really value his expertise and guidance," and note that he "has seen almost everything in his many years of practice."
- Chambers notes that David Schultz's "broad commercial practice includes notable expertise in representing clients in product liability, healthcare and IP disputes." Sources state "he can handle difficult opposing counsel in a forceful and direct way without being overly confrontational."
- Interviewees share that Geoff Jarpe is a "really strong trial lawyer." Chambers notes that Geoff "maintains a versatile litigation practice, acting for plaintiffs and defendants in wide-ranging commercial litigation and arbitrations."
- Chambers notes that Rich Wilson "represents plaintiffs and defendants across a range of business disputes, including litigation arising from M&A and financing transactions, securities matters and trade secret misappropriation."
Appellate Litigation—Notable Practitioner
David Herr is named as a "Notable Practitioner" in Minnesota for Appellate Litigation. Chambers reports that he is consistently identified as "one of the top appellate lawyers in Minnesota" who is "uniformly well regarded and respected by everyone."
Construction—Leading Minnesota Firm
Chambers shares that Maslon's Construction Practice is known for "expert coverage of litigation issues arising from construction projects, offering particular experience in insurance coverage and professional liability claims, as well as contract formations." Chambers also notes that the group has "niche expertise in disputes stemming from structural failures." Clients shared that "they not only knew the law but were very strategic in the way they thought about the commercial issues involved."
James Killian and James Duffy O'Connor were named as "Notable Practitioners" in Minnesota for Construction, and Jason Lien was named a "Noted Practitioner," with the following notes:
- Client sources note that James O'Connor "knows all the players and laws, and looks for practical solutions." Chambers states that he is "a distinguished attorney with extensive experience in high-profile construction disputes."
- Clients describe James Killian as having a "very solid background in construction law and good judgment."
Labor & Employment—Leading Minnesota Firm
Chambers reports that Maslon's Labor & Employment Group is "active across wide-ranging contentious and non-contentious labor and employment issues." Client sources shared that "Maslon has demonstrated their legal expertise time and time again when dealing with all manner of employment issues," and "They are very responsive, which is important. They've done a really good job for us."
Jessica Pecoraro and Howard Tarkow are named as "Notable Practitioners" in Minnesota for Labor & Employment, with the following notes:
- Chambers states that that Jessica Pecoraro "impresses with her extensive command of labor and employment issues," noting "she regularly represents employers in disputes involving issues such as restrictive covenants, FMLA compliance and discrimination claims."
- Chambers recognizes Howard Tarkow for being "highly regarded for his versatile labor and employment practice, which includes collective bargaining, NLRB proceedings and discrimination litigation." Client sources share that they "really appreciate having him as a resource," describing him as "responsive, personable and to the point."
Corporate/M&A—Leading Minnesota Attorney
Martin Rosenbaum is named as a "Notable Practitioner" in Minnesota for Corporate/M&A. Chambers reports that Marty "advises clients on wide-ranging corporate matters and particularly stands out for his extensive securities expertise." Clients also shared that they value his deep subject matter knowledge and "good, quick responses."
Additionally, Maslon is listed as a "Noted Firm," and Alan Gilbert as a "Noted Practitioner" in Minnesota for Corporate/M&A.
To view Maslon's full Chambers USA rankings, go to: 2016 Chambers USA.
About Chambers and Partners
Since 1969, London-based Chambers and Partners has published world-famous guides to the legal profession. A team of over 140 full-time researchers conducted interviews across the United States for the 2016 edition of Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business.