Maslon Recognized as Leading Minnesota Firm in 2017 Chambers USA
May 26, 2017
Maslon is pleased to announce its continued ranking as a leading Minnesota firm for Construction, Labor & Employment, and Litigation in the 2017 edition of Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business. The rankings are the result of extensive client interviews and research to assess technical legal ability, professional conduct, client service, commercial astuteness, diligence, commitment, and other qualities most valued by the client.
The 2017 edition of Chambers USA recognizes the following practice areas and attorneys at Maslon:
For the third year in a row, Chambers USA recognizes Maslon's Litigation Group as a Band 1 Category Firm—the highest possible ranking. Maslon was one of only four firms selected for Band 1—out of thirteen firms overall that were ranked.
Chambers reports that Maslon's Litigation Group is known as a "superb practice that houses a distinguished bench of litigators with extensive experience in mass tort, product liability, construction and commercial disputes." Sources shared, "they are as capable and compelling as East Coast lawyers, yet they charge Midwestern rates and as always the client service is impeccable," and "Maslon has deep knowledge, brand recognition and is well respected by the courts."
William Pentelovitch is and Geoffrey Jarpe are recognized in Minnesota for General Commercial Litigation, with the following notes:
- Client sources share that William Pentelovitch is "an outstanding and highly respected litigator" who "has very good analytical skills, knows the law and is very persuasive." Chambers states "he is held in equally high regard by his peers for his esteemed practice handling large and complex commercial litigation cases, regularly representing large financial services and life sciences sector clients."
- Chambers states that "the hugely experienced Geoffrey Jarpe's practice has seen him represent plaintiffs and defendants across the whole spectrum of commercial litigation and arbitration."
Appellate Litigation—Senior Statesman
David Herr is named as a "Senior Statesman" in Minnesota for Appellate Litigation. Chambers reports that he is a "distinguished appellate lawyer who is held in high regard by peers and clients alike for his wealth of experience representing premier clients before state and federal appellate courts."
Chambers shares that Maslon's Construction Practice is known for "expert coverage of litigation issues arising from construction projects, offering particular experience in insurance coverage and professional liability claims, as well as contract formations." Chambers also notes that the group has "niche expertise in disputes stemming from structural failures," and adds that "Interviewees confirm that this is an 'excellent' team, noting that it is 'very responsive' and 'doesn't let things fall through the cracks.'"
James Killian and James Duffy O'Connor are recognized in Minnesota for Construction, with the following notes:
- Client sources note that James O'Connor is "a very accomplished and knowledgeable attorney who represents his clients well." Chambers states that James is "particularly noted for his expertise in coverage disputes, which forms part of his broad construction litigation practice."
- Chambers notes that interviewers hold James Killian in high regard, describing him as a "good litigator and a smart guy."
Additionally, Jason Lien is listed as a "Noted Practitioner" in Minnesota for Construction.
Labor & Employment
Chambers reports that Maslon's Labor & Employment Group "acts for employers in a broad spectrum of labor and employment matters, such as wage and hour actions, harassment claims and contractual disputes, as well as investigations, audits and noncontentious processes." Client sources shared that "Maslon has my best interests at the core of everything it does," and the attorneys are "solid, educated and direct."
Jessica Pecoraro and Howard Tarkow are recognized in Minnesota for Labor & Employment, with the following notes:
- Clients state that Jessica Pecoraro is "described by observers as 'a common-sense counselor,' who 'works hard to keep you out of trouble' and has 'the ability to offer a variety of options.'"
- Chambers recognizes Howard Tarkow for being "wise, measured and widely respected." Sources share that he is "very accessible" and "takes a genuine interest in his clients."
Martin Rosenbaum is one of 9 attorneys recognized in the top rankings in Minnesota for Corporate/M&A. Chambers reports that Marty is "an experienced securities and corporate finance practitioner and comes recommended for his counsel on M&A, public offerings and venture capital financings." Clients shared "I trust anything he says," and that he is "terrific, thoughtful and highly experienced."
Additionally, Maslon is listed as a "Noted Firm" in Minnesota for Corporate/M&A.
To view Maslon's full Chambers USA rankings, go to: 2017 Chambers USA.
About Chambers and Partners
Since 1969, London-based Chambers and Partners has published world-famous guides to the legal profession. A team of over 140 full-time researchers conducted interviews across the United States for the 2017 edition of Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business.